|Calf of Man||1818||Robert Stevenson||54°03.202' N, 004°49.748' W||Discontinued||-.-||-.-||Manx National Heritage|
|Chicken Rock||1875||David Lillie Stevenson
|54°02.271' N, 004°50.315' W||Fl W 5s||21 NM ~ 39 km||A4748||Northern Lighthouse Board|
|Douglas Head||1857||David Lellie Stevenson
|54°08.599' N, 004°27.947' W||Fl W 10s||15 NM ~ 28 km||A4770||Northern Lighthouse Board|
|Langness||1880||David Lellie Stevenson
|54°03.294' N, 004°37.504' W||Fl(2)W 30s||12 NM ~ 19.5km||A4762||Northern Lighthouse Board|
|Maughold Head||1914||David Alan Stevenson
|54°17.734' N, 004°18.585' W||Fl(3)W 30s||15 NM ~ 28km||A4786||Northern Lighthouse Board|
|Point of Ayre||1818||Robert Stevenson||54°24.940' N, 004°22.090' W||Fl(4) W 20s||19 NM ~ 35km||A4720||Northern Lighthouse Board|
Isle of Man
The Isle of Man, Man also spelled Mann, Manx-Gaelic; Ellan Vannin or Mannin, Latin; Mona or Monapia, one of the British Isles, located in the Irish Sea off the northwest coast of England.
The island is 52 kilometers long and, at its widest point, 22 kilometers wide. It has an area of around 572 km2
The island lies roughly equidistant between England, Ireland, Scotland (closest), and Wales (furtherst) and a very important place for Lighthouses . The Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom but rather is a crown possession (since 1828). The head of state is Queen Elizabeth II, who holds the title of Lord of Mann. The Lord of Mann is represented by a Lieutenant Governor. Foreign relations and defence are the responsibility of the British Government.
Besides the island of Man itself, the political unit of the Isle of Man includes some nearby small islands: the seasonally inhabited Calf of Man, Chicken Rock on which stands an unmanned lighthouse, St Patrick's Isle and St Michael's Isle. The last two of these are connected to themain island by permanent roads/causeways.
At the 2021 census, the Isle of Man was home to 84,096 people, of whom 26,677 resided in the island's capital, Douglas and 9,273 in the adjoining village of Onchan.Douglas is the capital and also the largest town of the Isle of Man. Douglas grew rapidly in the 18th century as a result of the smuggling trade and by 1850 it was a popular residence place. The town’s primary occupations are tourism, light precision engineering, brewing, and mineral water. At the mouth of the river 'Glass' is the harbour. The city of Douglas can be viewed from a three kilometers seafront promenade around Douglas Bay (see the banner above).
|Isle of Man||- Wikipedia|
|Manx Registered Buildings||- Manx gov.im|